New York, NY
Redline Trading Solutions provides ultra-low latency market data and order execution solutions that solve the toughest latency and throughput challenges in today’s equities, options, futures, fixed income and foreign exchange markets. We keep our clients at the leading edge of trading platform performance, allowing them to focus on their trading strategies. Utilizing cutting-edge software and optimized servers, Redline delivers superior performance with robust, reliable, and deterministic results. With Redline, our clients can react to market changes before their competition.
Redline has an immediate opening for a talented Sr. Managed Services Engineer to join our fast-paced team at our New York City office. Preferred candidates strive to work in an entrepreneurial environment and participate in innovative new product design and development.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Managed Services, the Senior Managed Services Engineer’s primary responsibility is to oversee the production management of our clients’ stock market trading infrastructure including: manage its structural integrity, monitor active performance metrics, follow real-time market trends to preemptively find useful correlations, identify early signals that may adversely impact bottlenecks and other market trading microstructure correlated performance latencies, offer preventative advice and mitigative measures as needed, and ensure clients’ compliance with SEC’s regulatory requirements via deployment of our offered proprietarily engineered stock market data and trade order solutions products including: InRush, Execution Gateway, Pre Trade Risk and more that can best meet our clients’ various needs from a multicore server level to adaptable software applications, to add-on mobile modules.
Specific technical daily duties include:
• Perform analysis of stock market data throughput and data load stress using programming languages and business tools such as Python, Visual Basic, and Excel
• Understand, model and build infrastructure to process stock market data content for data mining and signal/trend detection
• Visualize stock market trading data throughput for internal usage
• Calculate impact of deviated behavior to ensure clients’ safe trading
• Analyze and provide customer service on technical issues via technical troubleshooting, debugging and testing, and recommending technical escalations
• Build and maintain regression testing infrastructure which verifies execution quality assurance from simple to algorithm based orders
• Develop an array of Python and other scripts to analyze customer servers and databases in order to present configuration suggestions
• Troubleshoot software problems reported by customers and communicate resolutions on behalf of developers
• Maintain customer development and production environments by properly setting up and regularly checking market data analysis software
• Perform technical writing and maintain internal technical system documentation
• Utilize existing familiarity with the infrastructure of international financial stock market system and the precise nature of electronic trading mechanism, then add on the learned knowledge of programming languages and data management tools: Python, Visual Basic, and Excel, all in order to properly perform the above duties while serving the company’s and clients’ needs.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science AND 6 MONTHS of cumulative experience as University-level Teaching Assistant and/or Student Intern with exposure to international financial stock market infrastructure, understanding of electronic stock trading mechanism, and familiarity with programming languages and tools including: Python, Visual Basic, and Excel.
Redline offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Redline Trading Solutions is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.